- The ingredients in your sunblock is more important than the SPF#. If it doesn’t contain Zink, you’re not protected from all the different rays. I like: Obagi, available from an M.D.
- Dermatologists recommended #1 way to reduce wrinkles, even skin tone, and lighten age spots is a Retinoid cream at night.Get an Rx from an M.D. Over the counter creams are not strong enough.
- Pockets that pooch out on the side of your pants will add width to your hips. Use Hollywood Fashion Tape to hold them in, or stitch pockets closed.
- Two hair stylists who I’ve recently used and recommend: Jean-Charles Duchene at Artistry Salon 1750 30th st Boulder, 303-249-6795, and Stephen Schaller at Salon Salon, just north of McGuckins Hardware. Update your do!
- As we age our metabolism slows down (darn it!). To stay trim & firm, increase your workouts to 5 x per week; 3 hours of aerobic, 2 hours strength per week.
- For visual thinness, always enhance a vertical line on your body. Hang long necklaces, wear a lighter or brighter colored shirt under a dark jacket or cotton sweater, wear a long silk scarf in a flattering color. Men, wear a tie, even with loose knot and top button unbuttoned for casual.
- For instant long-looking legs, iron a seam down the center of your slacks, jeans, even capris.
- Sit outside with your legs in the sun while you are reading those necessary documents. Get some sun on your legs, then wear knee-length summer skirts and dresses to show them off. Guys, shorts should be neat, not grungy.
- Move your winter clothing items to another closet. Get rid of what you haven’t worn in the past year. Organize your summer things according to category & color. It IS possible to love your closet.
- For photos, stand up straight with good posture, tummy in, shoulders & hips slanted on a slight diagonal. Ladies, powder to eliminate shine.
- Summer Style Events, read post.
- Need more personal help with your summer look and wardrobe? Call me for a closet tune-up, shopping trip, or maybe just a makeup lesson: 720-933-9247, Gift Certificates available.
Marian Rothschild is an AICI Professional Image and Wardrobe Consultant with Look Good Now Image Consulting in Boulder, CO. Services: Color, Style, & Closet Consultations, Personal Shopping, Makeup Lessons, Speaker for Group Presentations, Look Book.
Leave a Reply