How are you suppose to know what to wear for work, an interview, a business meeting, or networking event? It’s different in many parts of the country and for different industries. Here are some guidelines for most business casual situations, even in Boulder.
- Clean, wrinkle-free & odor-free clothing
- Professional presence; quality over quantity
- You’re ready for a surprise meeting with potential clients
- Always have a jacket on hand; men & women
- Men; pressed, collared dress shirt, solid or print
- Wool trousers, khakis, pressed dress denims; all good
- Nothing you’d wear to a night club or the beach, (no cleavage or straps showing)
- No cutsie, juvenile, or theme wardrobe
- Skirt & dress hems within 2” of the knee
- Pant hems within ¾” from the floor
- Shoes must have a back or back strap
- Hard-soled shoes are best
- Wear good quality accessories, 8 is enough
- Dress for the lifestyle you want; Dress for Your Dreams.
Marian Rothschild, AICI FLC is known as the Wardrobe Whisperer. She is a Certified Personal Image Consultant in Boulder and Denver, CO. Marian helps successful professionals put together their complete head-to-toe look to feel confident, attractive, and genuine for every situation.