A classic oval is broader through the middle and upper torso, with no waist indentation and often with a full bust and sloping shoulders. You’ll be surprised to find out how much you can do to minimize your stomach area and elongate your overall body length.
- Wear lighter or brighter colors under a dark jacket or sweater, for that attractive pop of color.
- Wear vertical lines: seams, zippers, stripes, lightweight scarves, and long necklaces in flattering colors down the center of your body.
- Wear tops and sweaters that drape, are tunic-length, and have structured shoulders.
- Wear V-necklines that draw the eye inward and put the focus on your beautiful face. (But not so low that they pull the focus onto “the girls.”)
- Try a sturdy body slimmer to pull in the tummy and midriff section. There are great brands to choose from in lingerie departments or specialty stores.
- Wear light, bright, and shiny colors by your face, using necklaces, earrings, scarves, and lip color.
- Wear anything overly fitted or tailored through the waist.
- Wear clothes that are too tight or too baggy; they will not do you any favors. You need the perfect fit, even if a tailor has to be called in occasionally to do the job.
- Wear very long necklaces or other accessories that put the focal point at the waist.
- Wear all black, all the time. It fools no one and there are so many lovely colors that will make your skin glow and your eyes sparkle!
- Neglect your posture; always walk, stand, and sit up straight.
From Look Good Now and Always; A do-it-yourself style makeover for busy women
Copyright 2014 by Marian Rothschild
Excerpt from Chapter 3: Secrets of Shape, Line, & Body Type
To read more on colors, shapes, shopping, and looking sensational, buy Look Good Now and Always at www.Amazon.com on Nov. 21st, 2013. Buy an extra copy for your sister, best friend, or mom. It will be the best gift she’ll ever love.
Marian Rothschild is a certified business and personal image consultant, speaker, and author. Hire Marian to be the speaker at your association meeting or corporate event. Call now for your free 20 min. phone consultation; 720-933-9247.